You loose yourself in the moment, you are involved in an amazing experience, part of a great team, and enjoying an incredible event. Its time to take action and do what you have imagined and have prepared for. Drew Ginn
DIRECTOR, QUALIA SOLUTIONS
Facilitator | Presenter | Coach
3 x Olympic Gold
Drew Ginn OAM is Australia’s most decorated Olympic rower, having won 3 gold medals and 1 silver medal in four Olympic Games. He was the new young member of the “Oarsome Foursome” in 1996, and during his sporting career has been crowned world champion five times. He was award the highest honor in international rowing in 2014, The Thomas Keller Medal for his contribution to the sport of rowing. Drew is also an exceptional coach, both in business and in sport.
His key skills involve:
- Coaching (individuals and teams)
- Facilitating leadership and team development experiences
- Creating and supporting change initiatives
- Building peak performance
- Supporting L&D programs along with staff and product ideation sessions for key clients
His passion is delivering high impact performances with participants that maximise capabilities, effort and rewards in a stimulating and engaging manner.
Drew has been an Associate of Melbourne Business School / Mt Eliza Executive Education for more than 10 years and has facilitated numerous sessions on public and private programs. He is an outstanding presenter and consistently returns the high evaluation scores from participants.
After the London Olympics Drew took on the role of Head Coach Integration for Rowing Australia where he worked closely with, and supported, the national team coaches and key state institute coaches in their bid to achieve Olympic success. More recently he’s been engaged to lead the Caulfield Grammar School Rowing program which is the largest school rowing program in Australia with 245 Rowers and 40 coaches.
Helping others be their best has always been a driving thread running through the work and sporting achievements which Drew has accumulated. From rowing a boat, to riding a bike, to starting businesses, and working with businesses its a consistent and deliberate flow of energy towards improvement.
Other career highlights:
- Key contributor in the building of a non-profit organisation, Bluearth Institute with the aim of creating meaningful activity experiences for students and teachers
- Starting Podium Bike Hub and leading a bicycle business with 2 stores for 5 years
- Being an ambassador for the United Way Corporate Rowing Event in Geelong helping to raise significant funds for the community in Geelong
- Being an ambassador for Tour De Cure and taking on a challenge of riding 836km in 24hrs to raise funds to help cure cancer
COACHING & FACILITATION EXPERIENCE
Drew has driven the professional development of coaches within the national rowing network of system coaches, including coordinating the creation and effective implementation of coach development plans, reporting and reviews.
In business settings, Drew has provided extensive facilitation and coaching to businesses leaders and teams.
OTHER CLIENT ACTIVITIES
Drew has facilitated development opportunities for an extensive range of individuals, teams and organisations such as CBA, Melbourne Water, Novas Architectural, Graincorp, Lion Dairy, Edvantage, Seek, Laminex, Defence, Essendon Football Club, AXA and BHP Billiton.
Drew is accredited in MBTI, Benchmarks / Skillscope 360, Firo-B and Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP).